Friday, June 15, 2007

retreat


"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." - jeremiah 31:25

where am i now in my life? that's the question of the hour. right now it seems as if i am completely wiped. of course, not in the physical sense. it's more so that my mental capacity has been drained down to zero and my spiritual one has been there for sometime now. it is frustrating beyond all belief. this is summer. the time to rest, relax, have some laughs, and get rejuvenated and ready for the next school year, or at least that is what i was making it out to be at the beginning. it seems as God had different plans. things have gone haywire. everything is turning crazy, and the best part is that i have absolutely no control of anything. try being a control freak with nothing to control. needless to say, it is more than ironic.

so this weekend, the weekend of father's day, i am heading home to see my family. and more so, to get away from all of this, a retreat. but here is the catch, i cannot run from what God is doing. not that i want to, i just want answers which i am not getting. so much for planning ahead. so aside from the fact that i will be with my parents, i will be able to take time alone in my room without anyone else around me and be still, a rare occurrence in my life at this moment. this will be my retreat, away from the world, yet so close to God. i could say more right now, but i have to leave, leave work, leave church, leave town and get away. thank goodness for i-10 and its bored. the two and one-half hour drive is a welcomed break from having to rush somewhere next, just to land at home at one in the morning. i cannot wait to take this drive and use it to worship the Living God, my Creator, my Redeemer, and right now, most importantly to me, my Sustainer, through times of struggle and stress.

"come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - matthew 11:28

in & for HIM,
ashleigh

1 comment:

Stephen said...

for real, life's no fun when it's boring. there's not a whole lot of motivation to do much. but it's nice, for sure. Even when there's nothing to do, life never stops ticking, but I guess what I love about our God is that the clock is in His hands! Most of the time I really have no idea what's around the corner, actually it seems the more I go through life the more I get surprised. Used to be kind of unnerving, but it's become easier just to let Him take all of it, because I'm pretty sure that He's got a little bit more wisdom than I do, just maybe.

keep up the blog. well, at least keep up the reflections on life. I used to have a similar thing to this and it was really nice just to hash out thoughts onto paper. I should start it back up again, though maybe not on a website. I started to attract creepy stalkers. jeepers.