Thursday, May 28, 2009

so long, farewell... but can i have your prayers?


my dear friends & family in Christ Jesus,

I would like to petition you for prayer for me for the next nine weeks. Beginning May 30th, I will be a counselor at an international Christian sports camp called the Vineyard. The camp hosts over 300 people including staff & campers. What makes it unique is that over half of the staff & campers come from many nations all over the world. The souls that set foot on the property located in the North Carolina mountains come from many backgrounds, races, cultures and spiritual environments, many of these being incredibly dark and lost without the Savior.

My prayer is to see our God Almighty move in an incredible way through me and through others as we spend time serving our Lord and others. I want, as Paul says in Ephesians 6:19-20, for whenever I open my mouth, words to be given to me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

I ask that you would pray for our director, Dean Barley, our staff and our campers. Please Pray for safety throughout all of the fun, crazy and highly physical sports & activities that happen each day . Pray for the softening & turning of hearts so that God's Spirit can transforms lives. Pray that the Holy Spirit would be able to flow freely and that His Word would pierce each heart and speak to all who hear. Pray against Satan's attacks and evil plans and the spiritual warfare that clouds our vision and focus on Christ. "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Eph. 6:12. Lastly, pray that at least one soul may come to know our Savior in an intimate, saving & transforming relationship.

I know our God can do the impossible - He's already told us that. Now, I live to see the impossible happen. God will do magnificent and miraculous things at this camp. Pray that I will be humbled, filled with compassion, overflowing with love, led by the Holy Spirit and act in the confidence which is Christ Jesus.
"Though I am free & belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible things I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."
- 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
Thank you so very much for your prayers - they are coveted so much!
In all my prayers for all of you, I will always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel. Can't wait to see all of you and tell you of the mighty things our God has done! I love you all so very much!

my love to you in Christ Jesus,
Ashleigh Lin Grant


The Vineyard Camp: About Us

1 comment:

judithbailey said...

Father, I pray for this woman of God, let her have peace throughout her stay at this camp. Let her know that Your will, will be done! She has been faithful to pray & believe Your Word! She knows Your ability & Your faithfulness. I believe, Father God, that You will use her mightily during this camp season. And that she will grow by leaps & bounds this season! At the end of this season, she will be totally surprised at what You have accomplished in her life & what You have accomplished in every person that is in involved at this camp this season. In Jesus Name! Amen!

I am looking forward to hearing your praise reports during & after camp season! My husband & I have been wanting a campground for many years. We are getting up in age, and thought that maybe we had missed the timing of the Lord. But God has put that desire back in our hearts once more. How He's going to do it, I do not know. When He's going to do it, I do not know. He has started to give us ideas, and plans, once again, but it will have to be the Lord that provides. So, be in prayer for us! Thanks! Judith Bailey