Wednesday, March 25, 2009

so much more


bebo norman says it best in my opinion:

"i want a crumb, but You are a feast
i want a song, but You are a symphony
i want a star, but You are a galaxy
and i have resolved that i'm much better in what You have for me."

it's from his song "the only hope."

isn't it true though? we walk around each day knowing what we want out of life. we think we have it figured out. from a good husband and kids, a stellar career, good friends, an impact in others lives - the list can go on. here the thing, these are all ideas that we can wrap our measly, small minds around.

our great and insurmountable God is sitting on His throne waiting to give us the world - if we just accept it. can we lay down our tiny dreams to take on His impossible and miraculous one?

paul tells us in ephesians chapter 1 that the power that resides within us is the same that raised Christ from the dead. yeah - the same power that smashed death is pulsing within your fragile body. whoa. so why shouldn't anything be possible? why can't we just let go?

to be honest, i'm sitting at the feet of Jesus asking that same question right now. what's more important - my dreams or His plans? when will i allow Him to transform my dreams into His plans?

all i know is this:
"'for My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways,'
declares the LORD.
'as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts.'"
- isaiah 55:8-9
our God knows what's going on - it's up to us to let go and listen. stop asking for the crumbs and take in the feast. give up the song for the marvelous symphony. don't look for the star, be overwhelmed by the galaxy. what He has for us is so much better.

my love to you in Christ Jesus,
ashleigh

1 comment:

Just a Simple Country Boy said...

what a grt post I can fully relate and comprehend