Wednesday, March 11, 2009

still i will follow

"though none go with me
still i will follow
no turning back,
no turning back."

old hymn, right? true words though.

it's a fact folks. you are going to go through hard times. no matter what things may seem, tomorrow always brings new surprises - both good and bad.

but, here is the one thing i consistently learn. regardless of what goes on around me, my God remains constant, steadfast and unwavering. no matter the circumstance, my God reigns. forever - yes, forever - His kingdom reigns. He continues to rule over the earth. His sun continues to shine on us. His Son continues to intercede for us. still i will follow.

through thick and thin, hard and easy, fun and grueling - whatever life brings, or to be frank, whatever satan attempts to throw at us - He IS in control. when i am tired, His joy is my strength. and most importantly, no one - no scheme of man or satan - can ever take away my salvation or snatch me out of my Father's hand. my soul, the essence of my being, is safe and sound, comforted and guided by the Holy Spirit and cleansed by the blood of Jesus. no turning back.

praise be to God.

"now therefore that the LORD your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commands." - deuteronomy 7:9

He's faithful folks. His Word is true. never forget, never stop loving Him, never turn back. keep following even though none may go with you. don't turn back. God is with you.

still i will follow.

my love to you in Christ Jesus,
Ashleigh


No comments: